Sunday, September 5, 2010

9/5/10

Wow. Today has been a great day. After 4 really bad brain days, I'm on a 3 day good roll. Got up and got ready for church. Out of the house a little after 8:00. I ended up getting to church really early. The narthex wasn't even set up yet. Lit a couple candles for Precious and Handsome. Decided to read my book while I waited for orthros. Shortly after it started, Fr. approached me to tell me I should join the cantors. Even more, I should sing with the choir. I read with Dean and John. I was totally nervous but I LOVED it. It was a little hard to pray when I was trying so hard not to screw up, but I managed to here and there. After orthros, I went upstairs and they had already started. I stood in the door until I could talk with Robert. Soon, one of the ladies motioned for me to come in. Nannette shared her book with me but I still knew most of the songs. It took Robert a minute to remember me, but he did. It felt good. It felt right. I didn't have any bad thoughts the whole morning. Not one. After church I called Handsome to see what he was doing. He was close to home so I headed home. We went to the storage unit and dropped off the diving stuff, picked up some of my school stuff and now we are just at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment