Friday, August 28, 2009

Today's prayer...

Help me, O God, to put off all pretences and to find my true self.

Help me, O God, to discard all false pictures of thee, whatever the cost to my comfort.

Help me, O God, to let go all my problems, and fix my mind on thee.

Help me, O God, to see my own sins, never to judge my neighbor and may the glory be all thine.

O Lord, I know not what to ask of thee; thou alone knowest what are my true needs. Thou lovest me more than I know how to love myself. Help me to see my real needs which are concealed from me. I dare not ask either a cross or consolation. I can only wait on thee. My heart is open to thee. Visit and help me for thy great mercy's sake, strike me and heal me, cast me down and raise me up. I worship in silence thy holy will and thine inscrutable ways. I offer myself as a sacrifice to thee. I have no other desire than to fulfill thy will. (and that which I do desire differently, help me to overcome) Teach me how to pray, pray thou thyself in me.

Lord Jesus Christ, by Your presence You blessed the wedding in Cana and showed us that You are the true priest of mystical and pure marriage. We thank You for the day on which by Your heavenly blessing You joined us in the sacrament of marriage (even with all the pain that we have caused each other). Lord, continue to bless and enrich our marrieage in love companionship, mutual support, oneness of heart and progress in faith and life. Protect our holy wed-lock from sin, evil and danger. Nurture between us the spirit of understanding, the spirit of forgiveness, and the spirit of peace, that no resentment, quarrel or other problem may cause us to stumble and fall. Grant us to see our own faults and not to judge each other. Keep our bond of love always new. Gladden our lives with the joys of marriage that with one heart we may praise and glorify You. Amen.

O God, our heavenly Father, who loves mankind and are a merciful and compassionate God, have mercy upon your servant, George, for whom I humbly pray to You to care for and protect. O God, be his guide and guardian in all his endeavors, lead him in the path of Your truth, and draw him nearer to You, so that he may lead a godly and righteous life in Your love as he does Your will in all things. Give him Your grace, and mercy so that he may be patient, hard working, tireless, devout and charitable. Defend him against the assaults of the enemy, and grant him wisdom and strength to resist all temptation and corruption, and direct him in the way of Salvation through the goodness of Your son, our Savior Jesus Christ, and the prayers of His Holy Mother and the blessed saints.

O God, our heavenly Father, who loves mankind and are a merciful and compassionate God, have mercy upon your servant, Precious, for whom I humbly pray to You to care for and protect. O God, be her guide and guardian in all her endeavors, lead her in the path of Your truth (make up for my shortcomings in showing her the way), and draw her nearer to You (that she will know the love and comfort that only You can offer), so that she may lead a godly and righteous life in Your love as she does Your will in all things. Give her Your grace, and mercy so that she may be patient, hard working, tireless, devout and charitable. Defend her against the assaults of the enemy, and grant her wisdom and strength to resist all temptation and corruption, and direct her in the way of Salvation through the goodness of Your son, our Savior Jesus Christ, and the prayers of His Holy Mother and the blessed saints.

O God, our heavenly Father, who loves mankind and are a merciful and compassionate God, have mercy upon Your servants, all of my family and friends and students, for whom I humbly pray to You to care for and protect. O God, be their guide and guardian in all their endeavors, lead them in the the path of Your truth, and draw them nearer to You, so that they may lead godly and righteous lives in Your love as they do Your will in all things. Give them Your grace, and mercy so that they may be patient, hard working, tireless, devout and charitable. Defend them against the assaults of the enemy, and grant them wisdom and strength to resist all temptation and corruption, and direct them in the way of Salvation through the goodness of Your son, our Savior Jesus Christ, and the prayers of His Holy Mother and the blessed saints.

Lord, Jesus Christ, in Your great mercy you prayed for the forgiveness of those who crucified You and You taught us to love our enemies and to pray for those who persecute us. Lord, I pray that You forgive Andrea (she must have been suffering so to have allowed herself to do what she did) and any who treat me unjustly and speak out against me, and that You bless them (yes, bless her) and guide them according to Your will. (I still don't know how all of this can have been in Your will, but I am trying my best to trust in You) Take away any bitterness I may have in my heart against her (cause I really hate her, but I feel sorry for her. She knew what she was doing and had the chance to get out everytime. I didn't and still don't have that luxury, to know. It's not fair that she gets to know the truth and I get screwed. She helped him to make decisions that were painful to him and asked him to sacrifice his whole being and life 0for her. I hate that she doesn't realize that her actions were selfish and not acts of love for him. If she had loved him, she would not have allowed him to take this path with her. I hate her for hurting him, and me). Lord, may Your forgiveness, goodness and love be revealed in ALL of us, (especially me) to Your praise and glory.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts and we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

Be with me today and guide my thougts and actions that they may be in Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment